It appears the NCSU Crafts Center will remain closed for the summer session, but we are making plans to help keep club activities going in the coming weeks and months.
The details are still coming together, but our intent is to provide at least 3 monthly activities on Thursday nights: The usual 2nd-Thursday club meeting and demo, a meeting solely for sharing the virtual gallery offerings, and another for either a video watch party or smaller breakout-sized demo.
Here's what we have so far, and please note items are subject to change as options become available. All activities start at about 7pm, but any variations will be included in our newsletter.
- May 14: The Sensational Skew remote demo with Jim Etcher
- May 21: Virtual Gallery (2 items per member, 2 photos of each piece)
- May 28: Watch party: Mark Sillay video on wood slicing
- June 11: Cindy Drozda remote demo: Boxes with /finial
- June 18: Virtual Gallery (2 items per member, 2 photos of each piece)
- June 25: TBD
- July 9: Tips and Jigs Remote Slide Show
- July 16: Virtual Gallery (2 items per member, 2 photos of each piece)
- July 24: TBD
- August 13: Barbara Dill remote demo: Multi Axis turning
- August 20: Virtual Gallery (2 items per member, 2 photos of each piece)
- August 27: TBD
- Sep: 10: TBD
- Oct 8-11: Al Stirt demo & Workshops
- Nov 12: Small-project round-robin demo