As part of WGNC's effort to keep our membership active, entertained and informed, we're planning to have regular hosted watch parties of some of our major demonstrations from the past.
First up will be the 2011 demonstration by the late Ray Key, who came to Raleigh for a demo and workshops. This endearing British professional shared some of his many anecdotes, tips and techniques for both production and artistic bowl turning. It was among the first major demos that the club recorded, so we will show it online and pause to discuss as questions come in from those attending.
The show will begin Thursday, April 23 at 7pm.
Admittedly, this is not a production-quality video and as one of our earliest recordings, it has some issues with camera position and movement. Future shows will include better quality videos from our demonstrations, some of which have never been published or seen.
While we could just send out links to these videos for you to binge at your leisure, we're hoping that the watch parties will provide an informal venue for communication among our members. The connection details for this meeting will be sent out in the next newsletter and posted here.
From a computer, you can just click on this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83970918575
You do not need a password
- If you've used Zoom before, it will simply connect you directly to the meeting. If it is your first time using Zoom, there may be a quick download first. Just follow the directions.
- Video will appear on-screen and sound will be through your computer speakers.
- To participate live, you will need a video camera and microphone. Most newer laptops have these built in. You will be able to view the meeting even if you do not have a camera.
From a smart-phone or tablet: First download the Zoom app from your app store.
- Once loaded, clicking the link above should launch the app and open the meeting. If that's not handy, enter meeting ID number 839 7091 8575
Last option: Use your phone.
- If all else fails, you can just dial in to 929-205-6099. This will give you audio only and we can help you connect.
- Dial-in users will need both meeting ID: 839 7091 8575, and password: WGNC