All WGNC members and their guests are welcome to join us for another virtual show & tell gallery Nov. 19th. An evening spent with your fellow woodturners is always a fun experience as we explore and share members finished work, ideas, issues and yes, even those shop disasters.
We strives to be an inclusive club with members at all levels of turning. WGNC exists to serve these various experience levels and the Show & Tell events are proving to be a great -- and safe -- way to do this. So, come join us for another show & tell Thursday, Nov. 19th. You are guaranteed to enjoy an evening with your fellow woodturners.
Did you miss the last one? If so, you can still watch it here.
Want to participate? Members may submit up to two items and should two photos for each piece.
If it's a finished piece, we suggest your best "gallery" shot and another of the bottom or profile/detail not shown in the main shot. If it's a work in progress, closeup shots of problem areas or specific challenges would be appropriate.
We also encourage you to have your items with you for the session, so you can hold them up and further discuss or ask advice of other members.
Nothing to share this month? Please join us anyway and take part in the discussion, or just sit back and enjoy the show.
Remember there is a limit of two pieces per member, and please submit your photos before midnight Wednesday, Nov. 18th to be included in the event. Email instructions are noted below.
We will open the Zoom meeting at about 6:30 and begin the show at 7 pm.
We look forward to seeing there Thursday, Nov 19th!
Connection and participation instructions:
From a computer:
Click on this link: Join Zoom Meeting
When requested, enter the required club password, which is sent in the email newsletter.
From a smart-phone or tablet:
Download the Zoom app from your app store. Once loaded, clicking the link above should launch the app and open the meeting. If that's not handy, simply enter meeting ID number 892 4825 0324 and when requested, enter the password.
To participate in the show & tell:
• Include 2 shots of each piece (front/back top/bottom, since we can't hold it up.
• Include your name, wood species, largest dimension, and a 2-3 word description.
To help keep this manageable...
• One message per item, so no more than 2 photos attached in each email.
• No more than TWO items per person please.
• Use reasonable photo sizes: We don't need 6M files, so resolution between 500k-1M is fine.
• Use a booth/backdrop if you have one, but it's OK to shoot in your shop.
• Find good lighting, preferably from one source. Don't rely on camera flash.
• Find a solid-color wall in your house; avoid any patterned background.
• It's OK to hold the piece in hand if you have no table/stand.
• Crop your photos fairly close to the object alone, regardless of shape.