Attention all wood turners and friends! AAW hopes you have received their email with the Preliminary Symposium Schedule and rotations. This is the information you need to be able to volunteer time to assist with making the symposium a success.
Now you can register on line to schedule your volunteer time. AAW is asking for volunteers to staff the registration activities. The event runs July 11-14 at the convention center in downtown Raleigh.
Volunteers do not need to be attendees or members of the AAW. Bring your spouses, friends, neighbors and have a good time.
2019 Membership Dues
Renewal of your annual membership is $50 and due Jan. 1
Options for payment:
Pay at the monthly meeting with card, cash or check
Pay by mail with a check sent to:
Bob Reuss, WGNC Treasurer
3922 Lake Ferry Drive
Raleigh NC 27606
- May 9: Coring Systems Comparison - Ted, Steve, Mike B. and Richard C.
- Jun 13: CNC with Resin or Birds mouth bowls - Norm Cloutier
- Jul 12: No meeting this month (AAW Symposium Jul 11-14)
- Aug 8: Natural Edges - Bob Reuss
- Sep 12: Dyeing and Finishing - Jeff D. and others
- Oct 10: Michael Gibson Teapot demo with workshops:
- Friday: Great Forms,
- Saturday: Embellishing
- Sunday: Enameling and other finishes, all subject to change.
- Nov 14: Ornaments - Demo and Workshop - Local Team up to 6
- Dec 12: TBD (maybe a short carving demo my Meryl and then Holiday party)
Our friends across the pond have compiled a list of 185 detailed turning projects you may want to check out.
Here's the full list with their categorization. As of January 2019, these were all publicly available links.